Sunday, September 29, 2013

Re-visiting my Gobi March memories

 

 
 
Thanks to Lucille's suggestion, I thought it would be fun to capture bits and pieces from my Gobi blog and re-visit them in the context of Jordan. Some are more ridiculous than others, some are reflective and some are just straight from the heart.
 
 
"The more lighthearted I am, the more fantastic the day becomes."
 
"I thought the long march is going to be a long day, so it doesn’t matter where I stand at the start line. I decided to go to the toilet when everyone was at the start line and became officially the last person to start."

"I was really amazed that after 5 days and 200k, I still had strength in me and was running the last 16k."

"The Gobi for me is a 70% travelling experience, 20% spiritual journey of self-discovery and 10% physical challenge."

"Every step is a step closer, that's what I tell myself."

"Yesterday was the second day of the race. The terrain was manageable but my pain management experience was not. "
 
"Today is the most difficult in terms of the terrain. We had to climb up really steep mountains but the scenery was absolutely stunning. I almost wanted to say it's worth everything to come here, but with the pain in my shoulders and feet, I really couldn't get myself to say that." 

"I am happy with any distance, any trail and any conditions that Mother Nature permits every time I train.   I used to be afraid of heights and dreaded uphill. I have learnt to focus on the present moment and focus on my step one by one, see fear as distractions and avoid them."

"Now that I come to reflect upon it, Gobi is just the start. The journey of preparation alone has changed my life and my perspectives forever, but I am already planning further goals after Gobi."

No comments:

Post a Comment