Friday, October 18, 2013

An Accidental Journey



Up to now I still have not completely digested the idea of moving my 250k ultra from August to February next year and I am only 120 days away from the next most insane or most fantastic journey of my life.

A few months ago, a friend gave me the idea of changing gear. Changes with my job also made me reconsider the timing of my races. Financially, I would spend less money doing Jordan compared with Madagascar. So that was it. I was meant to do the Jordan race, so I thought.

Half of me trusted that moving to Jordan was the right move. The other half of me started to have doubts such as:- (1) the Jordan is going to be a lot harder than Gobi because the sand makes walking and running very inefficient; (2) there are lots of up and down hills; (3) It will be very cold and even rainy in February, which will mean a heavy pack and wet clothes.

This is a good analogy of life I guess, like an assortment of candies or cookies. You probably won't like all of them, but you have to live with the whole package. To make life happier, you can pace and prioritize yourself, such as how fast you eat up the candies you don't like, giving yourself a treat of the goodies in between the disgusting ones etc..

Yesterday I typed out the words "an accidental journey" on Google and found an interesting website. It was about an event or a platform bringing together speakers sharing their experience on innovative and inspiring ways to open the next door in your life's journey. A doorway to inspiration, direction and purpose. Perhaps I should look at my accidental journey from this perspective too.


No comments:

Post a Comment